What is the whole process
- Select your package and click the “Order Now” button below
- Select your line and router preference and select the “Add to Cart” button
- Complete the Checkout form and select the “Place Order” button
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete payment
- The Fibre network operator will contact you for an installation appointment
- We will be notified of the completion and a technician will make an apointmet for the router installation
- Debit order will be created and account activated
What is the installation Cost
We beleive in freedom and therfore do not offer free installations that bind you to a 24month contract. The installation cost is R1725. On our Standard packages you can choose a “Free to Use” router or use your own router. We also offer a Mesh network system for large homes for R 2399.00
Can I use the Fibre for my business
Vumatel currently specialises in fibre to the home. Fibre to the home has been made affordable and accessible as a best-effort service. This means that while Vumatel strives to offer you great service, you cannot hold Vumatel liable for any downtime you may experience.
Business fibre connections come at a much higher price. This is because you will sign a contract for a business service which will be associated with certain uptime agreements and turn-around times for any issues you may experience.
Vumatel is not in a position to offer Business fibre agreements. If you run a small business from home and are comfortable with the level of service Vumatel is able to provide, you may order a fibre connection from Vumatel but please note that you do so, understanding that Vumatel is currently unable to provide you with business-level support.
Will my internet stay on during power outages
The fibre network has 72 hour power backup system. As an extra precaution, a generator will be activated when the backup system reaches 50% of its power. If you have power backup that powers your router, your internet will stay connected.
Who owns the network
The network is owned by Vumatel. That means that all technical repairs will also be conducted by Vumatel or their contractors.
Why choose the Premium services
The premium service includes the following:
- Premium Remote network and router support/monitoring
- Real time support via our exclusive Whatsapp channel
- VOIP number which can be used to on a SIP phone to make voice calls over the internet