Fiber Internet is here. Show your interest by completing the form below and we will contact you once the network is activated in your area.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Vengaland / Parys Internet
- We only offer managed services. This is included in our monthly subscription.
- Our Parys based team is highly trained and experienced, ensuring you the best possible support.
- We take care of the router installation. Yes, a technician will perform your router installation and make sure all your existing devices connect and work properly.
- Exclusive real time support via Whatsapp
There is a once-off installation cost of R1725 for the last mile installation of the CPE. The next property owner will only pay a service activation fee. (+/- R450)
When will the network be active?
Currently it is estimated that the network will be completed by end October to mid November.
The applications are processed in the order they are recieved. The earlier you order, the earlier your installation will be completed.
Can I get Vuma Fibre for my business?
Vumatel currently specialises in fibre to the home. Fibre to the home has been made affordable and accessible as a best-effort service. This means that while Vumatel strives to offer you great service, you cannot hold Vumatel liable for any downtime you may experience.
Business fibre connections come at a much higher price. This is because you will sign a contract for a business service which will be associated with certain uptime agreements and turn-around times for any issues you may experience.
Vumatel is not in a position to offer Business fibre agreements. If you run a small business from home and are comfortable with the level of service Vumatel is able to provide, you may order a fibre connection from Vumatel but please note that you do so, understanding that Vumatel is currently unable to provide you with business-level support.
What is the whole Process?
- Pre-Order your service.
- Once installations are open, you will receive an email with a link to our online payment portal.
- After payment, use the online form to confirm your banking details for debit order purposes.
- The ISP call centre will contact you for verification.
- The FNO (Vumatel) will call you with an installation date.
- After installation at your home, your service will be activated and we will deliver your router.
Will the Fibre go off during loadshedding?
No, the fibre network has 72 hour power backup system. As an extra precaution, a generator will be activated when the backup system reaches 50% of its power. Should you connect your equipment to a UPS/ generator, your connection will work as normal during power outages.
How long before my fibre will be installed
Once the network is completed and activated (est. End Oct – Mid Nov) it can take up to 4 weeks. We will make an appointment to install your router 24 -48 hours (weekdays) after the line and CPE installation has been completed.
Why not a free router?
We only supplied managed routers. This allows us to remotely assist you with technical problems. Unfortunately these routers are a bit more expensive than the free to use routers.
The pink area on the below map is the planned coverage of the fibre network.